Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last Night, I talked to my Dad

Last night i talked to my dad!!! As i saw him standing there he looked content in his heavenly body, and even though it was brief he and I began to talk.

I said to him, "so Dad, what is heaven like"?
He replied,"it is good, very good".

Are you "ok"?

"yes i am, I'm doing well".

So I said, "what does it look like in heaven ,are there flowers and normal things there"?
Then he said, "well i can't really describe it to you but.......

then right in front of me were two men on a bench (i assumed here on earth) and one of them began to say to me,

"if you knew someone that didn't have long to live, what would you tell them"?
I said, "well, i would say, "Read the scripture and memorize as much of it as you can, and then tell as many as possible about the love of Jesus"........

Then, just like that, I woke up!!!

wow !!!!, The dream was so real!! His face, his voice, and mannerisms were all him and the dream was so real that I couldn't get it out of my mind all day. I savored those moments that I had visioned him. I don't even know what it was all about, except that it was as though in my dream he knew that I needed to hear my own answer as a reminder.

Before my Dad died, he had a brief moment with each one of the grand children and told each one of them individually to study the scripture and serve the Lord.


So many times we are often too busy with our own schedules that we don't take the time to sit down and read the scripture and to memorize it. I loved my Dad, and as it gets closer to the end of May when he went home to be with the Lord...i can't help but think of the good times i had with him here on earth.

I'm sure my Dad is doing fine in heaven and it was just a dream on my behalf however it was quite realistic and I'm sure it would be too difficult to explain to those of us here on earth what heaven is really like. However, Gods word is with us and the comforter is with those of us who have believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment